Sunday, October 24, 2010

ABO

So Melanie is a ABO baby. Which in a quick description is that she has not passed the coombs test and has really high jaundice in a baby this young. She will be staying at the hospital under bili lights and I will check out. I have a really hard time doing it. I have always stayed with my babies but Kerry and I have decided that I am going to be needed more at home by myChildren then at the hospital with Melanie.The nurses will feed her and I will try to come in as much as possible. I may try to pump but shall see. I have definatly cried alot about this decision but I feel really good about it. She is already coming down in her numbers quickly so she may not have to stay to long. I will not come home if she is not done with bili lights. The nurses do such a good job here. I am constantly tempted to take her out and then the baby ends up staying under them longer.Keep us in your prayers

2 comments:

Stacie Lang said...

I am so sorry that she has to stay while you go home. Hopefully her numbers will come down very quickly and she will be with you soon. At least the hospital is close :) I love you and you are in our prayers.

Kandace Wittwer said...

I think I just read about this. Are you an O blood type? It's kind of similar to the negative RH factor when the Mother has an O blood type only the result is jaundice rather than death. I had never heard of it until this last week. I'm sorry. I hope you are both feeling well soon!