Monday, February 7, 2011

Out of order.

I forgot to write about Megans last night at the hospital. Jessica had planned on staying the night with her. I had been with Meg all day and decided to head home early on Sunday evening to see the kids. I figured Meg would be okay by herself for awhile and I thought there might be a few visitors. Grandma Borrowman came to visit and her friend Celise Hight (who also has juvenile diabetes ) came to visit.  Megan called me after they left to let me know they were moving her to another room because they had a child who needed to be closer to the nurses station. Megs was letting me know she was okay and actually enjoyed being there by herself for a little while.

Me,  Meg and Melanie, With the chicken strips that Megan
had at every meal. She looks pretty ghostly.
Megan and Chelsie Pettegrew playing this cool Wii that
they wheel into your room. It had tons of games on it and you
could watch movies

Megan, Chelsie and Elise. Party time
Megan and Lindee Peterson. We loved having her as
Megans nurse.
                                         
Elise and Melanie at 11 p.m. Do they look tired at all
 We put the kids to bed and it was around 9 or 10 pm. I was sitting in Bed with Kerry and I said to him. "I am really  worried about Megan, they are moving her to another room , I think I need to go in and make sure she is ok." Kerry told me she would be okay but if I needed to go and see her to not come up with a lame excuse like that. He told me just to say I needed to go and see her. Ha ha. Not kidding you 2 minutes later the phone rang and Megan was on the phone crying. She said that her IV was leaking and they were going to put another one in. That was all I needed to hear. I packed Melanie up and raced to the hospital. When I got there  I ran into Elise Pettegrew out in the hall. Chelsie was in seeing her and Elise informed me that Chelsie was hoping to stay the night with Megan.Jessica walked in right then and we all decided to let Chelsie stay with Megs. These are pictures of us having a party. Them playing on the WII. Also Callie Petersons Aunt was Megans nurse that night. How lucky for all of us. I was not worried one bit once I found out she was her nurse. I somehow did not get any pictures of Jessica but she was there with us at this late night party we had. .Thanks Jessica for being so willing to stay. She brought lots of movies and partied with us till about 11

2 comments:

Hopie said...

Wow. She got some great care!!!! What a relief!!!

Bree said...

You always manage to have so much fun wherever you go Megan. Love ya and hope you LOVE being back at school.