Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Prop 8




I have been reading some friends blogs lately and felt that I needed to write what I believe. I hope it does not come out to harsh I still love all who give there opinions. I am grateful for there friendships.
I have had a really hard time understanding why people are against prop 8. That does not mean that I dislike them for voting against it or wanting to.
I do have a hard time understanding why it should be a question what we support. I do know that people have the tendency to love the same sex but does that mean I need to support them by letting them get married. The family unit is so sacred and it is slowly dissapearing. The proclamation of the family states " that marriage between a man and woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creators plan for the eternal destiny of His Children". This is from our Heavenly Father. Not just something the Church came out with. The first Commandment that God gave to Adam and Eve was to multiply and replenish the earth. You cannot do that without man and woman. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and mother. At the end of the Proclamation it states. we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.
We call upon responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society. I feel so strongly about this. I know that this proclamation is modern day revelation from a loving Heavenly Father. If we did not have this revalation I could understand wanting to vote against prop 8. But how much clearer does the Lord need to be. I have to say that I do feel for those that choose to live life with the same gender. I had a Uncle whom I dearly loved who was gay. I felt strongly that I needed to write my opinion on this. I have a testimony of the family. I have a testiomony of the true church of God. I know that we are heading into (and are already there ) days that will try our testimonies. I have a testimony that I will be with my family forever, because of the covenants I made with Heavenly Father in the Temple. And last but not least I have a testimony of the proclamation of the family. I am grateful for our Freedom and know that Heavenly Father gave us that freedom for a reason. I just thought I would end with a picture of my wonderful family

5 comments:

Adam and Robyn said...

Well put, way to go Janae.

cynthia said...

You know when the Proclamation to the Family was deliver to the world years ago, I wondered- why now? Now we can see clearly see the purpose of the fore-warning. Do we have a prophet on the earth today? Yes we do!!! And I'm forever grateful.

Stacie Lang said...

Janae I am so proud of you for the testimony you have of a living Prophet. I must say that this has been a very emotionally charged issue here in Califonia even after the Proposition Passed. It has tested many a member of the church as they had to make a decision as to whether or not they trusted that the prophet speaks from God. Now obviously he did not come to us and say.." God has said you must vote yes on prop 8" He simply reminded us that marriage is ordained of God and reminded us all to read and study the Proclamation on the Family. I do believe that same sex couples deserve rights. However they have civil unions that bind them together. I know that if it had been their right to insurance, probate laws, or other rights that do not effect the family they would have seen no opposition from the Church members here in California. In fact the church website states this. But as you stated we MUST protect the family. I don't know what calamaties have been fortold but I do know that I will follow the prophet even if it is something as simple as one piercing for women or as silly as planting a garden when it fails every year:) I love you and I love my fellow Californians but if I must take a stand I will stand with God and support marriage between 1 man and 1 woman only. Love ya Stacie

Rance Wright said...

Janae...as I sat today at the rally with many members of the church...I cried...why did I cry? Because both sides are not listening to the other. I found myself torn. I appreciate your sister writing on my blog...and I support her to continue to read my blog...but I found myself somewhat affected by her comment of her standing before god and knowing that she chose right in the eyes of the lord. Janae...I love you...I adore you...but I do not feel any less of a member nor do 100's of members of the church who were at that rally in support of NO prop 8. When an individual states that my testimony before GOD is any less than hers...it is completely wrong...and unjust. Who is she to assume that my faith in GOD and JESUS CHRIST is faltering because I agree with a majority of other LDS members here in NYC. I am a member of the Harlem 1st WARD...I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have a very strong testimony of the church. You can have your opinion...but when you place value on my testimony (STACIE LANG) you are walking a very wrong line.
You are no more loved than the next person...and to assume so...is simply hateful.

I love each of you....please know this...I do not write on my blog for any other reason than to share my thoughts...My testimony of my savior is mine...and mine alone...and I feel that when I stand before GOD and Jesus Christ...they will understand my reason for doing so..and will love and respect me just the same.

Gary & Deborah Decker said...

Janae,
Way to stand up. I think this is an issue of where do you really stand and have you allowed the philosophies of men to blur the philosophies of God. There are people everywhere member and non member that have been so confused by what men have said that they have forgotten to ask God what He thinks.