Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sleep Walkers

I have a set of sleep walkers in our house. Last night around 9:30 Megan came walking in our room with starry eyes and saying " can I call, can I call, call ,call. " sometimes it takes me a minute to realize there sleep walking ,it took her saying call over and over to realize that she was sleep walking. We told her to go back to bed which she immedietly did. About 15-20 minutes later Ashley came walking in,also with starry eyes, and sat down on our chair in there and just stared at us. We asked her what she was doing and she continued to just stare at us. That is when we realized that she was sleep walking to.We told her to go back to bed and she got up and walked straight to her room and proceded in her sleep.
If any of you have ideas on how to prevent sleep walking. Megan does it about every night and can sometimes do it up to 4 times a night. I am losing sleep because of all the interuptions and she is losing sleep just from sleep walking. Ashley does not do it very often. Kerry and i just laugh when they come in. I am determined to get a video of them next time. I think you would get a kick out them.

8 comments:

THE ORVINS said...

thats funny, and why have you not commented on my blog yet or added it?

Stacie Lang said...

Can't say that I have any advise on that one although it is pretty funny. Sounds like it is almost as much fun as getting up every 3 hours with a new baby =)

Sara :) said...

My son Tyler used sleep walk in the middle of the night also but he would run around the house freaking out and banging all the blinds - that was pretty scary but he has grown out of it now. I love your cute picture with you and your girls.

Bree said...

That is funny. Hallie comes into our room about once a week but I think she is fully awake and just had a bad dream or something. It usually scares me to death though. By the way, how did you get that picture of you and the girls on the top? I keep trying but it only will put part of the picture.

Lori said...

So sleep walking totally freaks me out. You are a much better mom then me, I would probably lock them in their room. :)

Tyler said...

There are actually a few cures to sleep walking. One of them is videoing it so that everyone can laugh (Sleepwalking and head injuries are about the funniest dang things on the planet). The other one is rope and ... maybe a head injury? DOUBLE FUNNY! I would love to see your girls walking around. Get them to say funny stuff too.

nyn said...

I don't have any advice. I am with Tyson, I get a little scared when my kids do it. I would also probably lock them in their rooms, not to be mean but for safety. I knew a girl in our neighborhood growing up who actually left the house a couple of times sleep waling. It can be funny, but scary stuff.

McKensi said...

i love how the bang family picture doesnt have kerry.. hahahah thats super cool i would have left him out too if it were my blog!!!!