Saturday, July 21, 2007

Today I was just reflecting on my life. I have spent the past couple of days worrying. worrying aboout my Mom and worrying about My Grandma and Grandpa and worrying about making sure that everyone is taken care of. Grandma Goodwin passed away last night! The last 4 weeks or more my Mom and Aunts and Uncles have been taking care of her and Grandpa. She had been fairly healthy, and Grandpa had been the one we were concerned about because of his health. She just kept getting sick and never got better. I was given the oppurtunity to be there when she left her earthly home. I would have to describe the event to be one of the most emotional and spiritual things I have ever done. I don't think that I ever new my aunts and uncles and grandpa as well as I did last night. I had never seen any of them cry and I do not think there was a dry eye in the room. My Grandpa loves her so much! I realized how much love and compassion there is in my Moms family. Grandpa reallly struggled during the whole thing. They took her off of life support around 4:30 p.m. I went into the I.C.U. around 7:00 p.m. with Kerry and was lucky to be able to go into the room that my grandma was in.They brought Grandpa back in from a short rest soon after. She passed away around 8:45 p.m. Grandpa finally told her that she could go and they brought in a c.d. player with uncle Kents music on it. the C.D play I am a Child of God and the nearer my God to thee and during that song is when she passed. I love my Grandma so much and have had a really hard time with her leaving. I am very greatful for the oppurtunity to have been her grandchild. She is such an amazing woman. She raised 7 wonderful children who are all still married and sealed to there 1st spouse and every one of them were there last night. She also had 42 grandchildren who are all still living and 91 great grand kids. I am very proud to be called her grandaughter and cannot wait to see her again. I just thought that along with this I would put a picture of my wonderful children and hope that when I get old that my kids will be able to say the same about me. I love you Grandma! Our girls helping in the Garden last year



Lexi at Christmas making cookies

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss; however, what a wonderful experience! I'm glad you got to be part of. Those are the moments you never forget, they make you want to be a better person, treat you spouse and family better, and just enjoy each day more. Don't they?