Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lake Powell trip







We went to Lake Powell last week for the first annual Borrowman Reunion. We started out our reunion on the eve of the 4th of July, by packing our 2 boats with all of our camping gear. For 33 people that is alot of camping gear. My little family then went straight home and went to sleep.(yes that means that we missed our family tradition of going to the park and watching fireworks.)



We started bright and early Thursday morning at 5:00 in the morning were we met at my parents house and got mcdonalds for breakfast. We quickly realized that Mcdonald does not open until 6:00 so we quickly revamped and were on the road by 6:30. With all of the little stops that we made we finally made it to Lake Powell around 10:00.When we finally got to the beach that pleased all of us for camping we quickly unloaded the boats and set up camp. Our kids were so excited. They quickly realized there were sea shells everywhere and started to collect them as the adults set up camp. after a quick lunch a bunch of the family decided to go out on the Lake. My older girls included. Not even 5 minutes later the boat was coming back and I was being summoned to the boat and to hurry. The first thing that came to my mind was that they wanted us to come and see something cool in the lake and I was not in a big hurry until I saw them carrying Megan out of the boat. Kerry was at the camp next door helping them out so I yelled to someone to get him. When I got to Megan there was blood everywhere on her face. I was freaked out. Ryan was there and luckily he is a nurse and he helped get things in control and helped Megan settle down.Once the blood was wiped away we realized that she had a pretty deep gash on her forehead. I knew as soon as I saw it we would have to take her in to get stitches. Kerry and I took her in and got the stitches. It went very well, we were in and out of there within 30 minutes. We then went and got her some new flip flops and a hat to get the sun off of her face.She was pretty proud of her stitches and was excited to show them off(all 5 of them.)



That was not all the excitement of the day. While we were at the clinic back at the beach they were making dinner ( I was in charge that night) when a big wind storm came and blew down some of the tents and got sand all through the wonderful dinner. Luckily we were in town and we just picked up little Caesars.



The rest of the week was a blast. The first night we slept awesome the kids went straight to sleep and so did the rest of the camp. We got a ton of jet skiing, boating and tubing in. Ashley loved the tube and especially loved being dumped off. Madison and Lexi were content to just to sit on the beach and play in the water. Every time Madi got on the boat during the day she would fall asleep, Lexi would just scream because she had a life jacket on.

Kerry was the king of everything, If there was something broke he would fix it. If you were going wake boarding he was the first one up and he was dang good at it. He seemed to have a flashlight for anyone that forgot it, and we had ropes for everything, even a piece of metal for someones license plate that was falling off. All in All I think that it was a great First Family Reunion.









2 comments:

Bree said...

It really was a great time to be with everyone. Hallie was in heaven being with Maddie, Emma, and Kennis the whole time. I love that picture of you and lexi. You look really cute!

Lori said...

I'm so excited to see a new Post! Thanks for all your help at Lake Powell, I really appreciate everything you did!! I'm so glad that Megan is such a trooper.