Tuesday, July 17, 2007

the power of power

I know what everyone is thinking. Holy cow she is actually updating her blog again. So soon! Yes!
Life is actually almost getting a routine. We go to church on sunday, and then try to survive until the next sunday. Yep thats are routine. Pretty organized isn't it.
Well anyway Yesterday we had the power go out around 4:00 in the afternoon. Rumor had it that it would be out for 2 or 3 days. Ugh! So what do I do? I run to the grocery store to get Ice for our cooler to keep our milk cold.Then for family night we went with our home teacher Brother Cain and his wife to the lake. We had so much fun and we stayed cool. They took out a tube behind there boat that all of the girls took there turns on. Ashley was the first and from my view on the boat she was having a blast. She would put her thumb down to tell us to go slower and up to go faster, I don't think I actually saw the thumb go up. Megan finally was convinced that she would not need another E.R. visit if she went out, so out she went. Oh my I don't think I have ever seen someone so animated about being nervous. She was so funny! Her mouth was moving the whole time and we had no clue what she was saying.She took her turn and by that time Madison was ready as ever to get out. I thought that hers would be a two minute slow ride. She surprised us all. At first she sort of layed down in the tube were we couldn't see her and we thought she had went to sleep, but as soon as we stopped she popped right up and said she wanted another turn. That was all she wrote. We took off with her in tow and she was popping up and down with the biggest smile ever. She looked like she was trying to stand up. she was jumping and waving and all the while having a blast. We had a hard time trying to convince her that her turn was up. Lexi didn't care about anything else but the steering wheel and the driver. Our home teacher loved the attention and had her in his lap the whole time.(they have been trying to adopt for quiet awhile)I hope that we will have pictures to put up soon we took lots. we had alot of fun and had fun getting to know our home teacher and his wife better.
We were all prepared to come home to a warm home and no lights but lo and behold the power was back on. Yea we missed all the excitment of no power. I was all prepared to live of of the meat in our freezer grilled on our gas grill with fresh vegatables from our garden. oh well I will still do it anyway it still sounds yummy.

3 comments:

Bree said...

That is so funny about Madison. I can totally picture it and it just keeps making me laugh. Your girls are so much fun. And I love your routine. Sounds like a great one to me!

Stacie Lang said...

Yeah for Megan I am so glad to hear she went back out =) Doesn't it make you feel good that you could have survived even if the power had stayed out? Good for you.
Love Stacie

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have been busy this summer. I'm glad your little gal is ok, it looked like a bad cut. The power outage made all of us think things through a little more. We busted out our 72 hour kits and Rick even tried some of the food, which was suprisingly good.