Thursday, May 8, 2008

Missionary homecoming.

Kerry's little brother Daimen is coming home from his mission today. We are so excited.He first was called and sent to Tonga . Were he had some troubles with some other missionaries. He had the choice to stick it out in the mission home the rest of the mission or choose another mission. He happily went to Oreogon were he finally got to be a real missionary. I am so proud of him. There Dad died two years before his mission and he still got prepared and served a faithful mission. Way to go Daimen.
When Kerry and I got married his brother Brecken was on his mission. I first met him at the airport when he got home. The funny thing was that I was 7 months prego and Kerry had dropped me off at the front doors while he parked because we were almost late. I ran in the doors and there he was. I was the only family there. His flight was a little early and the rest of his family was right behind Kerry.Talk about awkward. Luckily there was no question who he was they all look alike.
So today I think that I will walk in the doors with Kerry and not ruin the first moment of seeing him. Does anyone have any good mission reunion stories

1 comments:

THE ORVINS said...

thats kinda funny that I have never heard any of those stories. but ya that truely sounds like the ultimate awkward momenet. good luck with everything today hope you all enjoy visiting daimen