Friday, April 15, 2011

M.O.M. award

Mom of the Moment award goes to .  ME..........So I have to say I get the M.O.M. award today. I really am still deciding if I should laugh or cry. I took Megan 13 Alexis 5 Brian 2 and Melanie 6 months to the grocery store today. When we got out to the van , I realized that I had not paid for some chicken that had slipped under Melanies car seat. I told Megs to load the kids and I would run back in to pay for  it. The checker told me I was awesome for coming back to pay for it. I ran back to the van and we were on our way home. About 8-9 minutes (and almost home) later. Lexi asks me were Brian was. I turned around and realized he was not in his car seat. AHHHHHH!!! I called for him hoping we had just forgot to buckle him and he had gotten out. No such luck. I immediatley turned around and headed back to lins. I had Megan start looking up the # for Lins and realized it was on there receipt. I called and asked if they had an extra little boy. Sure enough they did. That was the longest ride to Lins I have ever had. I ran in to get him and he was sitting on one of the employees laps.Now picture our cute little 2 year old with a handsome lime green brand new shirt and cute shorts and a bike helmet on his head. Yep the one he wears everywhere. He looks up at me with his beautiful blue eyes and says with a cheerful unbothered voice "HI Mom" He jumped down and we were on our way. I asked him were they found him.  " The candy isle " they say. Yep the candy Isle.He had unknowingly to me, followed me back in to the store. So now you know why I get the wonderful yet terrible award. And might I suggest next time you get in the car check all the car seats. You never know........................................

5 comments:

Holly said...

I cannot imagine how terrible that ride back must have been. I would have been in tears! I am so glad it all turned out good! Now I am going to be paranoid!

Kandace Wittwer said...

Oh man! Losing a child is the WORST!! I've never left one at the store, but I've had to search the house several times and just had a neighbor's little girl leave for home without telling me the other day and I PANIC!! I will be double-checking the car seats now!! LOL! Now that it's over, you can laugh! So glad it turned out okay!

Stacie Lang said...

Every moms worst nightmare. At least everything turned out all right. How lucky you are that you live in a place with lots of good people, but even so Im sure it was a super long ride back! Love ya tons

Smunkee Mama said...

This happened to my parents once...different place and it was at night but still pretty traumatic....My parents would always do a "count off" to make sure all 8 kids were in the car. Once we got to my little sisters number, there was no answer. It was a crazy night!! I still remember this so clearly, so obviously I was affected by it!
I'm glad your little guy was okay!! Good job Lins employees!! :) Glad all worked out. And for the record, I still think you are one awesome mom!! :)

Hopie said...

AAAAKKK!!!!! That's one of my biggest fears!!! I bet your heart just SANK. I'm glad everyone is ok!!!!