Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ramblings

We have had a exciting, emotional rollar coaster this weekend. Friday I was talking to a friend in the ward and she had mentioned that they were putting in a new 1st counseler in the Bishobric on Sunday. We both laughed and said our husbands were not it because we had not had any phone calls.Saturday I had ran to the Grocery store to get a few things for lunch. I had been having a really hard day. I had been telling Kerry that I was tired and I didn't like my kids and I was just plain overwhelmed.When I came in from the grocery store I started to prepare lunch. Kerry was sitting at the counter working on his lap top. He said Ashley tell Mom who just called. Ashley said the school crossing gaurd. I think I just about had a come apart. Kerry was not aware that I knew that the school crossing gaurd was also the stake secretary. I asked him what he wanted and he said that he had an appointment with the stake president on Sunday at 10.He also informed me I was to come with him. The rest of the day my head would not work. I kept playing the what if game. I really hoped it would be something in the Elders quorum. I called my mom and warned her to be prepared to come to our ward on Sunday. I explained what was happening. I think Kerry and I knew what was really going to happen we have sort of been prepared for it.
Sunday morning Kerry got called to be the Bishops 1st counselor. I really am not sure what I think of the whole thing. I think that he will do an amazing job, and he will enjoy it, but I am scared to be a single mom most of the time. I am scared of the unknown. I think that it will all work out and that we will be blessed. I know that it is what we are supposed to be doing right now and the Lord knows what I can handle. I hope that everyone can keep us in your prayers these first couple of weeks. I am grateful that I have lots of family in the ward.
We are also very excited to be welcoming a little boy into our home. I am relieved that Kerry will finally get his son to pass his name on to. I cried when the doctor said it was a boy. I even asked him if he was joking. I think that it will take a while for it to kick in, probably even till we have him. I got a few boy clothes with my mom yesterday. I kept veering to the girls stuff. Any help in the boy area would be greatly appreciated.

12 comments:

Sara :) said...

We too got a new bishopric on Sunday but luckily Brad never got the phone call. That is so exciting that your having a boy!

Bree said...

Kerry will be wonderful in this calling. He is always so willing to serve and his family will be blessed because of it. Janae, you are going to do great. The Lord takes care of those who serve him. You won't be a single mom and if you ever fill like you are just call me and we can console each other!! Love you and think you are amazing!

Megan and Nick said...

Congratulations on your boy!! I am so excited for you. I am glad that Kerry will have a son too. Kerry is going to be great in the bishopric, he is so great and willing to serve anyone. You will do great too Janae. You are an awesome Mom and you have awesome girls!! If you need anything or just need some time to yourself, you can always call me or send your girls over.

Stacie Lang said...

I can't help but be a little enviouse... not because Kerry is in the Bishopbric but because of all the family you have around to help you. It will be much easier then you think and you will be suprised how much time he is available to be a husband and father. I think the hardest part is sitting alone in church, but like I said you have lots of people to help so LET THEM!!! The rest of the time he needs to help people will definately come in spurts and sometimes it will seem like he has a easy calling and then others you will wonder what pepole ever did without the church LOL. If you ever need to talk I am always willing to listen.

Lori said...

Kerry is going to be amazing in this calling, but I also think you are too. You are so supportive, and family and our ward you love you! Just take one step at a time, and let us help you when you need it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Janae! Wow a boy after four girls, who would have thunk it! I'm so happy for you, and you are right boys are alot less fun to shop for. First counselor ha, that will throw you for a loop for a little while, but you'll get the hang of it. You have had a big week or two!

Brad and Genis Barben said...

Yeah, a BOY! You finally did it! Congrats, I thought you weren't going to find out. Kerry is such a great guy, he will do awesome at that calling. Janae, you are a good mom, we all have our bad days. You will be such a great support, we're rootin' for you. We are so excited for you guys, botht he calling and the baby boy!

Brad and Genis Barben said...

Yeah, a BOY! You finally did it! Congrats, I thought you weren't going to find out. Kerry is such a great guy, he will do awesome at that calling. Janae, you are a good mom, we all have our bad days. You will be such a great support, we're rootin' for you. We are so excited for you guys, botht he calling and the baby boy!

Rachel Doyle said...

Janae- Congrats on the boy!!! That's so fun -- your girls are going to have so much fun with him. We will keep you in our prayers as you adjust with Kerry's new schedule --it will be tough, but you are an amazing woman and you will be able to stand up to the challenge!

Jon said...

Congrats Kerry and Janae! A boy! First Bree and Tyler and now you!

We are excited for you and send our wishes. If we had a boy, we could give you pointers, but we're just so new at this girl thing we couldn't give good advice!

Enjoy that Ducati!

Tyler said...

I think you get a raise with that calling don't you? Also, keep track of funny stories, the bishopric has got to be a load of laughs. Way to go Kerry.

Miki Lee said...

Congrats about the boy! Were always grateful for them in this family haha. I'm so happy for you guys!