Sunday, April 6, 2008

yard work



here is our orchard/garden i've been working on the past few weeks, planted some more trees and got the garden planted, we've got 5 peach trees, 2 nectarine, 4 pomagranite, 2 almond trees, 2 cherry, 1 fig, 2 pear, 2 plum, and 2 apricot.
and we've got alot of squash planted (the good ones) yellow, zuchinni, spagetti squash, cantaloupe, and acorn squash.


to show you the difference between growing in the greenhouse and outside, this is a squash plant that i bought and planted a couple weeks ago outside, it hasnt grown much.




i planted this one at about the same time in the greenhouse, it allready has little squash on it, that is our spinnach in the background.



here you can see some of our peas, radishes and cucumbers that were planted from seed a few weeks ago,


you see the spot on the left with nothing growing?
thats tyson and loris garden






we put in a wall on the side of our house a few days ago and poured a little sidewalk going to the back yard














10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Janae, I am so impressed. A greenhouse, you are a serious gardner. Is the greenhouse in your backyard? We are just starting our first garden attempt and I would love any tips you have to offer. What grows the best around here?

McKensi said...

Thats awesome kerry. i guess you had to work pretty hard at that.... must of been a hard change for you :) but is really does look great and now we dont have to worry about shoes when we go out to see it!

THE ORVINS said...

wow kerry that looks amazing, I cant express my excitement at that wall finally being up. I bet your yard feels a little more personal now that its not open to the world, and the green house looks amazing!!! I want one so bad , but i dont think it will fit in our little back yeard so I will have to wait i guess, but you will have to help me when the time comes around!

Lori said...

Hey thanks for not rubbing it in, or public announcing it to the world about us being huge slackers on planting in the greenhouse. We love the wall too!

Bree said...

That looks so good Kerry! This is one of the many moments that makes me want to be back in St. George! I can't wait to see it in person.

Jen (momofmandm) said...

What a neat yard/garden you have going on. I still need to come and see it. I'm glad that you found me on Jana's blog. I love the picture of you and the girls on the top of the blog. So cute. I guess you heard that we are moving away? Joe got a job in Sandy and has been working up there for 7 weeks. We are just trying to sell the house and finish up the school year and move. I am so sad I love it here. I hope I get a chance to come and see your cute home sometime. Have a good day!

Stacie Lang said...

That is truly amazing to see the difference in the size of those things. How small do can you make a green house. I would love to have one but obviously don't have the space that you do :( and then how much do they run?

n & t said...

That is one awesome garden. Tom and I are wanting to learn gardening, and he made a compost just recently. I don't know if we are going to get around to actually planting anything this year, but hopefully one of these years. I love the header picture of your blog, where is it taken at? Your girls are so cute:)

Burke and Teresa said...

It looks like you guys are having a blast growing that garden!! It is so good to see that all the family has blogs as well! It is such a fun thing to keep up on each others lives!

Melisa said...

My family is trying to plant a garden. You sound like you guys are commited! This is Melisa and your picture reminded me of who you were!
Your blog is so cute!