Saturday, February 16, 2008

early morning visitors

Q. What do you get at 3:45 a.m. mixed with two neighbor kids and knocking on the door
A. A early morning wake up call .
Emma Mason just can't get enough of there wonderful Aunt and Uncle Janae And Kerry, and decided when they woke up 3:45 this morning they would come and visit us when they couldn't find there Parents ( they didn't bother looking in there parents room.)
It all started when I heard a knock at our front door. Megan had a friend sleeping over and Ashley was sleeping at a friends. My first thought was that megans friend had called her mom to come and get her. I was feeling pretty stupid that I didn't know that she was going home so I quickly got a robe out and ran to the door. As i was doing this I heard someone outside crying and I thought it was this girls brother. I opened the door to see mason and emma turning around to go home and emma crying . Kerry who was right behind me picked up emma and I picked up mason and took them inside. Emma was crying to us about how she couldn't find her mom. At this point I thought that it was only 11 or 11:30 I figured Tyson and Lori were probably watching a movie or something. we walked into the kitchen and that is when I realized the clock said 3:56 a.m. I quickly called Loris cell and worried that they might not hear it but she immediatly answered and I told her we had both of the kids. She had heard there front door open and was up looking for Emma. She did not realize they were both gone. She came right over and we got them back to there cozy beds.
When I climbed back into bed I couldn't help but giggle. We sure do love it when they come over and it makes us feel great that they feel comfortable enough to come when they need help. I am sure our kids will do something like that in the future and then Lori and Tyson can laugh about it then. We love you Emma and Mason

6 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks again!

Bree said...

They are lucky to have you guys next door! I think I would've freaked out if I heard someone knocking on the door at 3:45 a.m.

THE ORVINS said...

haha that is way funny i can just picture it, its way funny that mason was with her. i guess things will never be boring out in ivins

Stucki Family said...

Hi Janae, thanks for the comment. I love finding people thru other people's blogs. Cute picture with your girls! You are all gorgeous! I didn't know that you guys lived in Ivins and that Tyson and Lori live right next door. That is cool!

Stacie Lang said...

I Love all the fun stories that you guys have I wish that we lived close to everyone and that our kids felt that comfortable with their aunts and uncles to just knock on the door in the middle of the night.

Janae said...

They only knocked because the door was locked