Tuesday, January 13, 2009

baby

Here I am holding Brian I was to tired to care. Look how bruised he is. Poor kid it was a hard delivery
Kerry seeing his boy for the first time
me right before the birth
So here it is The Birth story of Brian Kerry Bang. It all started on Sunday the 4th day of January. Brians Mother was sick of being pregnant. Yes she had had it I was dilated to a 4 and was so sore and ready to scream from not sleeping. I swore to Kerry if he did not let me go to the hospital one of these days I would not give him any more kids. We had went to church and had a normal Sunday. When Kerry got home we headed directly to My parents house for a sunday evening.On the way there we stopped at the Ivins park were the search and rescue had set up camp for a search on the red mountain. We had wanted to ask Jeremy Johnson if our kids could get a ride on the helicopter some time. When he saw me he said that if I went I would go into labor. I politely refused to ride, but the kids and Kerry flew with him to the Airport were I met them.When we got to my parents Kensi informed me that my babies hands were really tiny. We cut it short because Cherina had invited us to her house for dessert. I had started to notice my contractions at her house but figured they were my normal contractions that would stop.We got home around 9:30 put the kids to bed and visited for a while. about 10:45ish I got into the tub to try to relax so I could go to bed. My contractions started to come on pretty hard at this point. I asked Kerry to come and read the scriptures to me because I didn't want to get out yet. I had to stop him a couple times because they were really starting to hurt. I finally got out because I wanted to have Kerry help me make them not hurt. I called my Mom to see if she had any Ideas. She said she was coming out right then. I told her no that the contractions would probably stop anyways. She wouldn't hear of it and said she would just go home if they stopped. By the time she got here I was having them pretty good. I had told Kerry that she would probably say lets go to the hospital. She did.Chris and Jessica came along for the ride. When we got to the hospital they checked me and I was a 6. They had me get up and go to the delivery room. I was surprised I thought that they would monitor me for awhile. By the time we got settled into the room they checked me and I was a 7. We had requested Dr. Craig Astle (our old Bishop) He was not on call but I told them to try him anyways. He showed up and went to preak my water I was an 8. We had only been at the hospital 1 1/2 hours. When I finally got to a 9 the Dr. came in and I started to push. I told him I would get it out in 2 pushes they all laughed. After 10 pushes he was out but his shoulders were stuck. They called this shoulder distosia. After some hard pushes from me and the nurses he came. I was so relieved to finally be done. He came at 4:32 a.m. and he weighed 8 pds 15 ozs. 20 1/2 inches long.

14 comments:

Stacie Lang said...

It is always so amazing that these little guys make it through that whole process. It amazes me even more that the spirit is so strong during those times. You are amazing and I am so glad that he is here and healthy. Lots of love Stacie

Sara :) said...

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. He is adorable.

eryka said...

He's so cute. Birthing a baby is an amazing experience. But holding a newborn makes it all worth it.

Sleepless In St. George said...

Congrats....let me know if you need anything!

Adam and Robyn said...

Okay, maybe this isn't the time or place but I think it's hilarious that Kerry could actually read the scriptures to you while lying naked in the tub. woo woo! Anyway, Congrats I'm glad all went well and he's finally here.

Janae said...

Robin you have to remember I was nine months pregnant. There was nothing woo hoo about it. I was a tub of lard.

Megan and Nick said...

Janae, I am so happy for you! I love all your girls so much and I am sure that little Brian will still my heart the same way. I am also very happy that all of our babies are finally here safe and sound. We love you tons!! Great Job!

Rachel Doyle said...

I am so glad he is here -- I love hearing everyone's delivery stories- they are so interesting.

Hopie said...

I'm so glad you told your story. I love birth stories. It's just a miracle that Heavenly Father has blessed us to be able to do it!!! By the way... I'm adding you to my blog!!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! I am excited that you have such a handsome little man to go along with all your beautiful girls!

Lori said...

We are so glad all is well, and he is here! We love him, and still can't believe you have a boy!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Janae! I am hoping you had an epidural somewher along th elines of that story. If not, wowsers. It seems like giving birth is suppose to get easier, sorry it was a little rough. But hey he's here, you did it!

Cassie said...

Congrats! Great job. I love all the pics. He is beautiful!
I need to see you sometime!

Joseph and Katie said...

I am so amazed that you are posting! MAybe you are nursing at the same time? :) Anyways! Congrats on the new baby. I think you are a trooper for waiting as long as you did. You have such a darling family. Take care.